« Home | CW network turning the Ray into gay » | Avengers are Occupied by writer David Walker » | The major character death publicity stunt affects ... » | Harley Quinn's premise, IMO, was sloppy to begin with » | The history of food manga » | Dixon says superhero comics could end when movies do » | The Muslim Green Lantern was being kept in Gitmo » | A Black Panther spinoff series is being turned int... » | That's who Marz thinks is worth supporting on the ... » | Louvre museum's 9th art exhibition with manga » 

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 

Joss Whedon wants a PC change made to Doctor Who

Whedon may not have written many comics lately. And I don't think he's involved with the Avengers movies now either. But he did recently let know where he stands on Britain's famous TV sci-fi adventure, Doctor Who, and hinted he's got no issues with where Marvel's taking their own universe:
Not taking the hint from Ghostbusters that social justice doesn't sell, Whedon made his comments during a Nerd HQ forum after a young fan asked him if he'd ever helm the director's chair for one of Britain's most iconic television character.

"I’m not sure, and here’s why. I’d have to do a lot of research, like, watch 40 years of television. I mean I’ve seen some of it, but let’s get real… Check back with me when the Doctor is a she. Or Idris Elba. Every question can actually just have the suffix ‘or Idris Elba," Whedon said, prompting applause.

British actor Idris Elba has been in the running to replace James Bond, which would make him the first black man to play the iconic MI6 agent. During this year's #OscarsSoWhite controversy, Elba walked in lockstep with social justice warriors when he lectured British parliament about the values of (left-wing) diversity and its need in the entertainment industry.
I think it's safe to say he's not the least bit bothered at Marvel's own drastic changes to their universe, all at the expense of enjoyable storytelling. He just drank the SJW Kool-Aid idiocy. And he doesn't ponder that many of the people he's supposedly trying to please aren't interested in reading based on the racial/gender/sexually oriented background ascribed to the cast. Honestly, what's so great about Whedon? He's way overrated. He doesn't even seem to realize that it's not like he has to research each and every detail from over 50 years of TV to know what Doctor Who is about; just the basic premise is enough. What he said is just another way of telling his audience he doesn't care for the product. Not even if it represented his apparent PC positions. So what was the use of commenting on the famous British sci-fi series at the panel he attended?

Labels: , , ,

For what it's worth, Elba has recently said he's getting too old to do the physical work needed to play Bond, so there's that. It doesn't mean they won't try again with someone else, though.

But I do kinda love Whedon's defiance, or "make the changes that only I want or I'm not interested." Nice bit of arrogance, there.

Today's Captain America: Sam Wilson by Spencer was unbelievably cringy. Complete PC crap.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.