« Home | The Boston Herald supports the PC approach to the ... » | What creators have spoken about the Eddie Berganza... » | A superficial article about the Justice League's h... » | It looks like Eddie Berganza is out of DC's employ » | Inverse recommends Punisher books to read before w... » | 3 filmmakers working on comics projects turn out t... » | Buzzfeed covers the case of Eddie Berganza's sexua... » | Sonny Bunch on Stan Lee's universe » | Ben Raab supported knee-bending against US anthem » | Ugh: Brian Bendis moves to DC » 

Friday, November 17, 2017 

The Simpsons attacks Trump staffers

We should've known, it would only be a matter of time before a cartoon series that turned out to be overrated would end up demonizing a member of Donald Trump's staff in the worst way possible, as the series writers compare Kelly Anne Conway to the nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels:
Sunday’s episode saw Marge Simpson defeat “sexist” Mayor Quimby to become Springfield’s first female mayor. When Marge’s favorability begins to tank, a political advisor convenes a focus group and discovers “throwing” Homer Simpson “under the bus” is the key to boosting Marge’s popularity with voters.

“I’ll be the Kellyanne Conway of this thing!” the political adviser tells her strategists and a room full of focus group participants.

“Kellyanne Conway!” one woman in a focus group says. “I like how she always looks like she just woke up.”

“I think it’s inspiring how now a woman can be Joseph Goebbels,” another woman in the focus group says, while the entire room mumbles in agreement.
A few months before the recent episode, there was another one depicting Sean Spicer in a most nasty manner. The Family Guy was no better in its own depictions of Conway.

Stuff like this makes me glad I quit watching the Simpsons back in the mid-2000s.

Labels: , , , ,

Goebbels told big lies as part of a large Master Plan; Conway lies to cover for her boss. There is a difference.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.